Are you a slave to fashion?

As I continuously peruse fashion magazines, websites, television shows, and yes music videos-I watch them for the clothes, hair, and makeup (I said a slave to fashion and I meant it) memorizing designs and designers, picturing myself in these amazing silk, lace, and chiffon pieces of art, hearing them call my name, I say to myself, "Princess, snap out of it honey! With the economy the way it is now, who can afford to be a slave to fashion?" Well, we can! You can be the Queen of Knock-offs and no one will be the wiser. I like to play "the look for less" when I shop and I think I drive my friends crazy with it sometimes. Here is how it works: Surf the web for your favorite fashionable star or runway look, or tear pictures out of your magazines of your new favorite looks and take them shopping with you. Those new "it" $200 bleached skinny jeans can be purchased at Target for $20 and bleached at home for free. That hot new dress might come to life in the form of a top and a skirt, that gotta-have-it new cuff might look just like the chain link belt or necklace hanging on the clearance rack. So, be creative, use your reference pics and happy shopping!

1 comments:

Jilliebeanie said...

For sure! And I find that I get more use out of the things I spend less on - strange but true!

www.spoilsofwear.blogspot.com

Post a Comment